Thursday, August 29, 2013

Books, color and Sketch...

Though I am picking up on stamping, I just can't stop creating my own elements in my cards. So today, I have two cards to share one with hand drawn and the other stamped only :) With my continuous dedication to CASology challenge blog, my first card is inspired by CASology Week 59 - BOOKS
I hand drew the book, the ink pot and quill, fuzzy cut and lightly inked it with sponge daubers. This was then stuck on card base with foam dots. The sentiment was printed using MS-Word. To represent further to my sentiment, I stamped the alphabets from my Studio - G stamp set to give the look that words are going into the book.  Hope you like it :)
The challenge cue card is -

Now, my second card is a result of increasing love for stamping. I was inspired by the sketch at Inkspirational #35 - Sketch and the colors at Addicted to Stamps and More #60 - Photo inspiration. So here's my card...
To make it, I did masking and inking to create that wavy horizontal line to match the sketch. The all I did was stamping, I used multiple stamps. The flowers were stamped, inked and fuzzy cut in bright red to match the inspiration. 
The challenges are -


Thank you for stopping by and leaving me your lovely comments :)

Supplies used -
Stamps - Dots & Flourishes from Inkadinkadoo, Borders from Paper Sweeties, Leaves from Scrappy Cat - Garden collection, Butterflies from Martha Stewart, Flowers from Scrappy Cat - Sunny day, Sentiment from paper sweeties- you make me smile and mini flowers from Stamping up 
Inks - memento Dew drop dye inks
Other- Pearls from Darice 

29 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards, Deepti. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't leave your fabulous hand drawing skills altogether, they are amazing!
    And now you are becoming a stamping star! I love this wave of grey in your card and the pops of colour from the red flowers. And I always like to see a take on a sketch that is unique. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational and ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one more than the second. Both are nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. good grief you are talented!! both cards are amazing in completely different ways! love the hand drawn elements on your CASology card and the stamping on the second is fabulous!! so glad that you play along with CASology each week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two amazing cards. I love the letters cascading from the book and the incredible design on the second. Your style is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are AMAZING girl!! LOVE your hand drawn elements! I'm so bad at drawing. I can draw only flowers! :D Both your cards are damn good, winners in my view. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your creations for cassology are amazing always Deepti ! I loved the thought behind it .Your take on sketch is equally amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deepti, you really need to think about creating digital stamps as your drawing is just awesome! So very talented!!!
    Love both of these and the way the letters are all coming out of the book is wonderful!
    Two great cards.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous as always! Love the letters falling into the book as we write our own story - very clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us again this week, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! I can't believe that you drew the book, ink pot, and quill. Super creative and artistic!!! Love your card. Hugs, May

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both fabulous cards, Dee! I love the sentiment with the letters falling onto the book - very clever! And I love your stamping on the second one :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SUCH a clever take on the sketch, Deepti! LOVE the gorgeous colors you chose--the red really looks amazing against the grays! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deepti, you are rocking these challenges!! Love
    your letters in flight!! Perfection!!


    Thanks for playing with us - we LOVE, love seeing you every week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You never cease to amaze me, Deepti! I really love your hand drawn elements and how you shaded your first card...so pretty! Love how you masked your wavy line and stamped your flowers on your second card...Beautiful color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Deepti, your creativity is immeasurable!!! Love your CASology card! Love how the flowers pop on your sketch card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards! I love the one with the book. They're both fabulous....but the one with the book...that's pretty darn special!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both the cards are so cute and Drawings too...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Deepti, what can I say that I haven't already said a million times before? You have an amazing talent and your hand-drawn images are stunning! Your book and quill are so wonderful, and I love the letters stamped above! Thanks for playing along at CASology again this week, we love having you play along!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Dee! The book card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are "oh so talented." Love the book card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your talent never fails to amaze me Deepti and you have nailed it again. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow these are both gorgeous! i love the the first one for the warm feel and sweet sentiment. the second card is beautiful with its wispy word wings :D just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your talent knows no limits Dee! Another amazing card! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. If I could draw like you, I don't think I would ever buy a stamp. The letters falling into the book was inspired. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm always amazed by your art, Deepti! Congratulations on the well-deserved WIN from CASology!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are taking the stamping arena by storm with your art! Great win at CASology and awesome job on the Paper Crafts win~ Look at you go!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're SO talented Deepti! I LOVE the book card, beautifully drawn! The red flowers on the second card pop wonderfully against the grey! A fab take on our sketch too! Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  28. CONGRATS on your well deserved win at CASology, Deepti! Your card is amazing, and I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete